Re: [Linux-India] [Administrative] LI Posts Now With Prefixes...

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 08:25:06PM +0530, Amol Gokhale wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I didn't know Outlook Express required that. Without the header simply
> by reading the from address I could segregate the mails to another folder.
> In fact the new header obstructs the subject line. It doesn't allow the
> subject to be read clearly.
>
> Amol

Yes. That is true. Especially for me as my mailer (mutt) starts displaying
the subject on the console after the name of the author and the size
of the message (The first part takes up more than half of the screen). Can
we abbreviate it into something smaller, like LI?

I have been using the following procmail recipe for ages to filter out
linux-india mails to a separate folder:

:0:
* (^Reply-to:.* | ^Old-to:.* | ^TO)linux-india
/home/binand/Mail/linux-india

(I am quoting from memory, but just fiddle with it a bit)
All of you are welcome to try this.

Binand