[Linux-India] Re: About KDE

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 01:17:40PM +0200, V S Sai Satish wrote:

> # Clicking on Desktop switching option gives me only 2 options :
> 	  * GNOME
> 	  * Another Level
>    (Where is KDE??)
>   is it because I chose the Workstation type installation?

You probably didn't install KDE at the install time ?

> # How do I revert back to GNOME from FVWM ? (Do I have to change some xinitrc fi  files?)

No. Look at /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession. Your xdm/kdm/gdm passes a parameter,
indicating the type of the session. Each one has their own config file.

> # By default, when I start up the system, it goes into GNOME. How do I start the system by default in commandline mode (the probably use startx)

Set your default init level to 3 -> /etc/inittab.

> # Can I NOW (after Workstation install) do a Custom install? If so how?

You can obviously re-install with a custom install. Otherwise, the
re-install mostly means adding new RPMs. You can do it manually:

rpm -ivh <rpms you want>

	-Arun