Re: Old query from ak@arya.recjai.ernet.in

What you have to do is
Assuming you client doe not have a tcp/ip stack

get  the packet driver based telbin package from ncsa
this lets you do a telnet and ftp from a dos machine using a
packet driver.

If you want to remote boot you dos box from the linux server
just read the remote boot howtos .

regards
sanjay

Arun Sharma wrote:Subject:

> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:43:34 -0700
> From: ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (AK)
> To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Dear Sir,
>
>              I have been working on a project on LINUX for my under graduate
> course, in which I am facing problem regarding connectivity between DOS and
> LINUX environment. In this regard, your help/advice shall be of immense help
> to me in achieving my goals.
>
> Problem Definition: There is DOS on client site and linux is running on
> server. The client is an intelligent node and not having linux on it. How a
> connectivity to such a server-client combination can be achieved where the CPU
> of the client will be used while working in LINUX on client, i.e if a user
> boots his system (client machine) from linux at server and access his home
> directory on SErver and uses compiler of server as well. To carryout any
> operation on client, the user is using the RAM of Client only.
>
> I am sure that TELNET wouldn't serve my purpose as it means that one is using
> the working invironment of server only and the client is acting as a dumb
> terminal.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Thanking you.
>
> with regards
> Vaibhav

- --

Sanjay Shukla, Java Developer
Quantum Link Communications Pvt. Ltd.,Mumbai,India. Pin 400034
email-id   : shukla97@xxxxxxxxxxx
           : sanjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home Page  : http://members.tripod.com/sanjay_shukla

Eat , Drink and Remarry ;-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuantumLink Communications, Bombay, India