Re: Where is inode table

Sorry but i don't have any idea about which offset do i-node table
starts.

U can use stat lstat fstat system calls but for that u have to provide
filename not the i-node. These sys-calls provide info about file. Which
is nothing but ur i-node info.

Sumit Rangwala wrote:

> Hello
>
>         I am using Redhat 5.2 and was trying to read inode table through the
> file /dev/hda3
> I was unable to find out the offset at which the inode table starts.
>         Can anybody help me out.
>
>   And :    Is there a syscall which can access me the inode information
> given the inode no. ?

- --
"it is not the style of clothes one wears, neither the kind of
automobile one drives, nor the amount of money one has in the
bank, that counts. These mean nothing. It is simply service that
measures success."
                  Dr. George Washington Carver.