RE: Inquiry about hardware

Heres a comparison of the various quotes i obtained from some dealers in
Bombay -

Intel se440bx-2                  -    7500
PII 350 MHz                        -  10900
64 Mb Ram                        -     3400
ASUS V3000 zxTV          -      4700 (VGA card)
GVC 56kbps                      -      3400
Creative sound blaster  -       2500
                                                -----------------
Total                    (gulp)    -     32400
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replace with Celeron 400 MHz

Celeron - 400                -  5500
                                             -------------
Total                               -   27000
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replace with K6-2 350 Mhz and some compatible MotherBoard

K6-2                                    - 3000
M.B. with VIA MVP3       - 3500
                                           ---------------
Total                                 -   20500
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A difference of 12000 !!! Thats **not** little money for me. If the prices
quoted above are high, please tell me, so that i could look for a better
bargain.
Or maybe somebody could suggest a better overall configuration with a
budget of 20-25K. The only things that i am planning to use from my old
system are my monitor and HDD.

ciao,
Amit
If at first you succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
Amit Kucheria
  Systems Group
  L & T Information Technology Ltd.
  Email: Amit.Kucheria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx