RE: Inquiry about hardware

> My main concern was the motherboard and its compatibility with
> Linux. Looks
> like nobody has used the ASUS P5A, i'll look for another board and maybe
> get myself a Creative graphics card and sound card.

I suspect few people would consider a P1 based motherboard these days. ;-)

I exclusively use original Intel motherboards (my current one is the
SE440BX2) because I know what I get there, and performance and stability are
important to me. I also use a Creative Soundblaster AWE64 and a Matrox
Millenium G200 display card. All **GUARANTEED** to work with Linux.

I have often been told that all this is a clear indication that I have more
money than sense, but that is not really true. I don't buy stuff when it
first comes out and when it is really expensive. I wait for a couple of
months, then move in for the kill.

Sorry if I am stepping on a few toes here, but trying to save a bit of money
by sticking to the pre-historic Socket-7 architecture is just painting
yourself into a corner.

Atul "more pizza than sense" Chitnis