Subject: Info Reqd. Urgently
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 12:17:51 -0600
From: Sivaram N B <sivanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thaths@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Iam shiva and i live in bangalore. Recently i decided to join the open
source movement and got a redhat 6.0 linux cd from CHIP magazine. I have
a P-166, 4GB HDD, 64MB RAM, 24X CDROM and a creative multimedia kit.
Previously i was running WIN98 in that. So i thought of partitioning it
and installing LINUX...and after sometime i settled for the idea that i
will have only LINUX in my 4GB.

With that in my mind i formatted my hard disk and I tried installing it
it kept on failing. So i took my friends help who has installed it in
his office. Even he couldn't do anyting. So we got his CD which is
Linux5.2 and we could install only the kernel. Now i have the kernel,
the default Xwindows, and some utilities..all worth 400 MB..Now how do i
go about it. I want to upgrade it to LINUX6.0 and have all the softwares
installed.I want to join the world of linux lovers.

Is there any organization which provides service for these kind of
queries. If u can help me out of this i will be very very thankful.

Waiting for your reply.
Shiva
ps. I happened to get your mail id from www.linux-india.org