Re: Hard Disk trouble

At 12:05 AM 8/7/99 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi guys ,
>
>        I did try that but fdisk would hang. I was actually using a program
>called Partition manager. So I don't know what is doing what. I ran norton
>utilities for Win 95 & detected the linux partition.

A friend of mine had a similar problem. Norton would keep detecting his
Linux Partition, and would then hang. After a bit of fiddling, he got
Windows to ignore the Linux Partition. But Norton for DOS still kept
reading it and hanging. After talking to him about it many times, on an
impulse, I asked him if he had chosen Fat16 as the fs type for linux. The
Answer was Yes He installed Linux again using ext2fs and everything worked
fine.
- -Rajesh J Advani
r.j.advani@xxxxxxxx
Live and let Live