RH 6.0 breaks sound....

Hi All,
   I upgraded a PCQ RH5.2 install using the RH 6.0 CD
which came with the Aug issue of Chip.

   Everythings works fine, except that sound (which used
to work fine in RH 5.2) is broken. I have tried a lot and
cannot get it to work. I have a 16 bit ISA Yamaha Card (OPL-3Sax ,
I believe. The exact chip seems to be YM719).

   Anyone facing the same prob? Otherwise, the upgrade went fine,
and I feel 2.2.5 is faster (on the Cyrix 300 MII) than 2.0.36.

The other prob is that shutdown results in a panic with
a general protection fault or something similar. I put a film of
heat sink compound between the CPU and heat sink , hoping that
was the cause. The memory had previously been tested using
memtest86 , and RH5.2 did not have this prob.

Eagerly waiting....

- - Bhyrava Prasad