Re: Help in gatewaying - more info about network

Obviously it will be helpful, if the CD were to be made bootable. Also it
would help if one could provide the bootdisk alongwith the CD.
leaving Staroffice alone, is WordPerfect coming with RH6.0?
How about including someother office suite?(you know best)
A few articles on running m4 and configuring sendmail or on fetchmail.
The installation part could be made more easy with the help of a document
which refers only to the PCQ CD(other than the one provided by RH)
I guess Bootdisk could be eliminated by the help of a proper batch file,
which calls loadlin(Chip RH6.0 Aug 99's "autoboot" did'nt work -
wrong path)

Just waiting for the release,
Bye,
Vinay

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> > Great!!, Atul , I have a few suggestions for your pcqupdt.
> > 1. Check and install joe, mc , lynx , and imap if not already installed.
>
> Already done. A few others as well.
>
> > 2. Install ppp (ppp-on , ppp-off ) scripts for vsnl connectivity.
>
> ;-) Already done. Except that it isn't just VSNL, but Satyam, MTNL, etc.
> and "generic" ISPs.
>
> > 3. Put some article on lynx or mc. These two programs are boon to new
> > user.
>
> Good idea, added to list.
>
> Any other suggestions from anyone? What would you like to see on the
> next PCQ CD? No point asking for StarOffice - those guys don;t seem to
> think PCQ is important enough, and are not even responding to permission
> requests. Maybe time to slashdot them so that they get a feel of things.
>
> Atul

                              \\\|||||///
                              /          \
  Vinay B V                  |____    ____|           Vinay The Nayii
  8681, TIL                 {   (o)  (o)   }          Purring all the time
                             |     ||     |           PH -off-5284681-258
Vinay's Quotes:-             \   \____/   /                res-6686246
bisilina belakkannu kantheradu nodalu saadhyave
                     L I N U X       .~.
                    The  Choice      /V\
                     of a  GNU      /( )\
                    Generation      ^^-^^