Re: Reconfiguring Ethernet Card

What will be conf.modules if I have two cards for the same ne driver?
I need eth0 and eth1.

I tried ,
   alias eth0 ne
   options eth0 io=xx1 irq=yy1
   alias eth1 ne
   options eth1 io=xx2 irq=yy2

But linux detected only eth0.
If I interchange the xx2 and yy2 to eth0 still it is detected. (so irq,io are correct)

FInally I had a workaround. I copied the ne.o to ne1.o and put the line
"alias eth1 ne1" in the conf.modules.

It is Redhat4.2....

Anybody have better solution.....

Thanks