kmail attachments

Hi friends,

Whenever anybody sends me an attachment, in Kmail I get only one file named
unnamed at the bottom of the mail instead of the actual attachment file. I
cannot view the file since it is not a particular format. If I save the file
and view through text editor the file contains garbled characters and in
between it also contains the email header in pieces. I think both the
attachment and header part are getting together in one file. I also get that
file unnamed  at the end of every email even if there are no attachemnts.

What could be the problem. and how can I get the original attachemt. This has
happened to me for 4-5 mails now.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for your replies.

 -- Shriram alias Rajesh Fowkar