Re: Adduser: strange -p option on RH5.2

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:

*>> I am not sure if you have understood my problem, this is got nothing to do
*>> with encryption. The problem is that what ever you give with -p option
*>> from the command line to adduesr, just sits in the /etc/passwd passwd
*>> field, mean it is not encrypted. Something like parameter with -p option
*>> expects the admin to give an encrypted passwd this is strange to me
*>
*>I just checked adduser and useradd in RedHat Linux 6.0 - no sign of a -p
*>flag (man adduser or man useradd).

just type

adduser

command line help shows this.

*>
*>If you are not running RHL, your distro might have implemented things

I am using RH 5.2, I feel this more stable then RH6.0 my personel opinion.

- -Chetan S