Re: KDE

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Jeffrey Yep wrote:

*>Hi,
*>When I give the command startx it starts Gnome by default. But if I give the
*>commnad startkde it gives a long list of errors that it can't connect to the
*>xserver etc. So how can I start kde also?

startkde is should be called once X server is running, you can put this is
ur .xinitrc just afrer the line
#start some nice program
exec startkde

- -Chetan S

*>
*>Jeff
*>
*>------------------------------------------------------------
*> Get your FREE web-based e-mail and newsgroup access at:
*>   http://MailAndNews.com and http://MailAndNews.co.uk
*>
*> Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or
*> POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.
*>
*>
*>For more information on Linux in India visit http://www.linux-india.org/
*>The Linux India mailing list does not accept postings in HTML format.
*>

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw