Re: 800x600 doesnt work

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, H. Gurushyam wrote:

*>Hello Linux Gurus,
*>
*>I have a Cirrus Logic 5430/40 card.  Although my Win 98 platform supports a
*>"800x600" 16 bit mode, i am not able

Cyrix logic 5430 doesn't work ?? strange, I have this card working at
1024x728 on my samtron monitor. I have just configured using
XConfigurator, and no need to tweek any part of the XF86Config file, just
use Xconfigurator to configure, BTW which disto/version of Linux do you
have ?

- -Chetan s
*>to make the same work on my linux GNome/Kde.  This really irritates me coz
*>buttons like "OK" "CANCEL" etc go below the desktop screen.  I tried
*>changing thru setup but i could not do it.  Please help me on this.
*>
*>Thanx,
*>
*>Gurushyam.
*>
*>
*>For more information on Linux in India visit http://www.linux-india.org/
*>The Linux India mailing list does not accept postings in HTML format.
*>

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw