Re: RAS in Linux

there are just two steps making an entry in /etc/inittab
an entry for your serial ports...
to which the modem is connected and
then run mgetty on them
just go thru the docs of any getty program, mgetty is the coolest.
it can let u run your machine as a faxserver,ability to recognize
voice/fax/data carriers
check it out!
it is better than ras though u don't hv to bounce your modem everynight
mgetty is intelligent as linux and all of us are, it senses if the modem's
carrier etccet let me nt eulogise too much
all the best
krishna