Re: Problem with xwindows

- --------------116D137E990C04FAC24A0122

Hi!

 I have got this problem partially resolved by setting & exporting the variable
 DISPLAY=:0.0 from the root enviornment and doing the same from the others users

 enviornment. This worked on RedHat Linux 5.2. But the same thing did not work
on
 the RedHat Linux 6.0. The error which I received was

 The Xserver refused the connection.

 Please advise me the right way of getting this working on all the versions of
 the Linux.

 Thanx in advance.

 Bye,
 Rajesh

Prem Kurian Philip wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I figure this might not be too interesting to you...
>
> But you might be interested in checking out the multi-headed feature
> of X which is available in the latest versions, but then this feature
> is mostly useful only if you have multiple screens attached to the
> same machine. By the way, the 0:0 stands for the default screen
> and display.
>
> Regards,
> Prem Kurian Philip

begin:vcard
n:Pandey;Rajesh
tel;fax:+91 40 789 8442
tel;work:+91 40 784 5252
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:MVP Systems Limited.
adr:;;Plot No. 2, Sai Nagar, Picket;Secunderabad;Andhra Pradesh;500 009;India
version:2.1
email;internet:rpandey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Regional Manager
fn:Rajesh Pandey