RE: Problem with xwindows

OK Gurus! We need your help.

I had posted this query a couple of months back but failed to get any
than one person use Xwindow on a single standalone machine?  When we use text
based consoles we get (at least in Red Hat) 6 virtual consoles on one machine;
which means that 6 users can log in simultaneously.  [OK don't kill me but
people do find that they want their desktops left alone so they lock it;
another user can use another virtual console to use the same machine].  A
couple of people who have used Linux for years say that X has been designed
such that it cannot log in more than one user from one machine at one time!!
Reason being that the server (which means the keyboard plus monitor etc) is
just one.

Somehow after reading most of the documentation available for X I get the
funny feel that this can be done.  Rajesh has aptly descriped the DISPLAY
variable :0,0 [which basically means the first console on the first machine].
However, I haven't had the time to do R & D on this and maybe my logic is
wrong, so hey! please gurus.  X again!!

Rajkumar Andrews

Visit me at http://princeandy.webjump.com