Re: Sound Card Config....

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Nosediver wrote:

=>>
=>> Hi Everybody,
=>>
=>> I had a Yamaha 16-bit sound card(ISA). I came across a 32-bit PCI Yamaha
=>> sound card, so I bought it (Dirt Cheap). Linux does not detect it as OPL3X
=>> .... How do I install it...
=>
=>:( Sorry pal, afaik, Yamaha is not supported by Linux yet. Switch over to
=>creative. Any alternative opinions?
=>

yamaha 16 bit (don't know about 32 bit) sound card is supported by linux.
it autodetects in redhat 6.0. if u are using 5.2, read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/OPL3-SA2. another workaround is to use
crystal drivers instead of yamaha.

- -amit

Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.