Re: Help me out

Hello Abishek,

This is quite easily done. Try getting your hands on any of the
Linux CDs floating around and try taking a look at the install
help files on these or try getting a book.

You will need to do the following. I explain the basic steps
and I won't go into the details. Please do GET A GOOD BOOK.
Redhat Linux 6 Unleashed etc are good books and many of the
older PCQ mags and Chip mags have extensive tutorials as
well.

1. Use DOS / Windows FDisk to create a primary DOS partition
on the 8.4GB harddisk to use 50% of the space. Leave the rest
of the space unpartitioned.
2. Try installing Linux now (there are some instructions which you
will need to lookup depending on what Linux you are loading)
3. During the installation, you will be provided with the option of
creating a Linux native and Linux swap partition and you will need
to create both. Please do lookup any book that you can find on this.
4. After installation of Linux, you will need to use LILO (there are other
boot loaders that you can use as well but since LILO comes with
most versions of Linux....) to boot multiple OSs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Prem Kurian Philip