Re: Problem with Net, Network etc.

Jeffrey Yep wrote:

> I've finally configured my Linux machine to access the net. But I have a
> problem. As my 486 is connected to the Linux Machin which is a P166, the 486
> can't access the net even when I tried the advice given in the Mar PCQ
> issue. Anybody?? I gave the IP address of the 486 as the DNS and Gateway as
> said inthe issue and the Linux IP address as the Proxy server with port
> 8000. But still no luck! I tried pinging and telnetting but ping just gives
> a timed out request and telnet can't connect. Also, whenever I boot my Linux
> machine after it starts the named service it gives the following error eth0:
> timed out waiting for Tx RDC or something like that! Can anyone help? Thanks

Your lan card is not initialized properly. Does the boot up message show
that eth0 ok ( you should see io and irq of card.) The problem could be
io/irq number or driver.
Use linuxconf to configure lan card if you are using rh5.2.
Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html
http://members.xoom.com/BETACOMP/index1.htm