DNS & ipfwadm

Hello all,
Can somebody tell me how do i use DNS from inside a firewall ? I have
implemented firewall using ipfwadm. My private network address is
192.168.1.0 and i've got a second network card also installed on my linux
box(RH 5.2 pcq) which has got a valid ip through which outside communication
is done .

When i do ' nslookup' after enabling the firewall an error msg=>" cant find
server name for address 127.0.0.1. No response from server . Default servers
are not available. "
But if the firewall is down nslookup works.Can somebody point me in the
right direction ? I guess my DNS is configured wrong.
Thanks a lot.
Manoj