ILUG-AHD First Meeting on Sunday 1/8/99

It is proposed to hold the first meeting of ILUG Ahmedabad on Sunday August
1, 1999.  The venue of the meeting will be my residence, which is at 56
Sunrise Tenements, Opp Drive In.  The time of the meeting would be 4pm to
5:30pm.

The purpose of the meeting would be to give shape to the Ahmedabad chapter,
work out advocacy strategies.  There would be no Linux demos or training at
this meeting.

I request subscribers who are based in Ahmedabad to call up and confirm
their participation on 6463927 (before 10am or after 6pm), or simply page me
(9632403935) in this format "Linux [Your Phone] [Your Name]" and I will call
you back.

The venue would hold at the most 10-12 people, and at this moment I do not
expect more than this number.

I would be following up this with an ad in the local newspapers (probably
Times on Tuesday and Thursday).

I would also request other chapters to send me details on how they operate,
including if they have registered themselves, opened an account, collection
of fees, etc.  Please also send me words of encouragement and advice.

Again, this meeting would be mainly to work out the operational details, and
possiblity of technical talks are negligible.

Regards

Kinjal Dixit
<kinjal.dixit@xxxxxxxxxx>