Fetchmail error

Hello,
	Using fetchmail for retreiving my mail from a POP3 VSNL mail box I'm
getting the following error..

***************start error text******************

15 messages for sandi at 202.54.96.3 (44357 bytes).
reading message 1 of 15 (1387 bytes) fetchmail: SMTP connect to
localhost
failed: Connection refused
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from 202.54.96.3
fetchmail: Query status=10

I've configured fetchmail by reading the man page and by using
fetchmailconf
Can somebody explain what is happening , and how to set this straight.

Regards,
Sundeep.

BTW- I've kicked my only winduhs dependency (OE-5) into oblivion now.
This mail is coming from netscape on Linux. Hopefully, the above problem
and sendmail now remain my only hurdles before I switch to mutt
full-time.... Cheers :-)