Re: XF86Config

Hi Gerry!

I tried adding noaccel in the Screen section. When I did startx, I got the
error message saying that noaccel was not a screen section keyword. So can
you tell me exactly where you added the noaccel statement? Apart from
noaccel, did you do anything else before your system started working?

>Sumatra,
>
>I just got the GUI working by adding the line option "noaccel" in the
>screen section(I think) of the Xf86config file,it is a relief as i am
>now back to using LINUX.
>
>Gerry Mascarenhas
>
>Sumantra Roy wrote:
>>
>> I have just installed Linux from the March issue of PCQ, and I'm facing the
>> same problem in configuring X. Surprising thing is, I have a configuration
>> similar to Gerry's - a PII 350 with 64 MB Ram. What happens in my case is
>> that the first screen of KDE comes, and then the screen changes to show
>> some weird stripes, showing that it's crashed. I have a Trident 3dimage 975
>> video card with 4 MB of Ram, and a Microtek 15 inch SVGA colour Monitor
>> with a horizontal frequency range of 30-56 KHz, and a vertical frequency
>> range of 50 -120 Hz, and a max. resolution of 1280x1024. Like Gerry, I
>> tried to use SuperVGA @56KHz, but it didn't work.
>>
>> As Arun had suggested, I checked my /var/log/messages file, but couldn't
>> find anything useful. Also, as Gerry had written, Ctrl+Alt+F1 doesn't work,
>> and neither does Ctrl+Alt+Bkspace. The only option is to reboot the
computer.

>> Please help us solve this problem. Without a GUI, life is no fun at all.
>>
>> >I have installed RH6.0 Kernel 2.2.5-15.I am not able to get the GUI
working.

>> >I have a Pixelview combo TV plus.This has a Cirrus Logoc 5446 chip and
this
>> >gets detected at the time of installation, It is also listed in the
>> >database of cards. I have a Philips 14" SVGA Colour Monitor
>> >withResoloutions from 640x480 VGA mode Hor.Freq.:31.5 Vert.Freq: 60  Non
>> >interlaced, 800x600 VESA/56 mode, Hor.Freq.:35.2 Vert.freq. 56 Non
>> >Interlaced and 1024x768 XGA mode,Hor.freq: 35.5 and Vert.freq:87
Interlaced.