Problems with the mouse

Hi,
I have Linux 2.0.35 installed on one of my PCs and somehow I goofed up the
mouse installation. now the problem is that my mouse is not recognized.
During boot up the GPM starts up but I do not get to see the mouse, with the
net effect that even X does not run :-(. I Microsoft Ps2 mouse, I do not
know how to get it up and running again, as at install I do not see anything
special as a mouse related software or driver :-(.
Please help
Vishal K
Ampersand Info-Tech, Gr. Floor,  Admin Block NSIC-TSC,
Okhla Ind. Estate, New Delhi - 110020, INDIA
Direct Phone: +91-11-6826382, Fax: +91-11-6826383
http://www.aitpl.stpn.soft.net, email: vkhanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx