Re: Red Hat 6.0 with Modem

pldevand wrote:

> Dear Rosarin,
>
> I did the stuff you had suggested and my linux was able to identify the
> modem ...
> now the problem is that when i use the minicom it says no dialtone .. i
> don't know where to change the line you told me to .. where is its
> configuration file kept .. and how do i get out of minicom right now i just
> kill it from another session ..!!!

Debian has an excellent utility wvdial (name may be incorrect).
It runs from the shell prompt and ask you only tel no, user name and
password and directly connects to vsnl. It even detects serial port and
modem.
Can some debianer make it available to list. My debian machine is down
due to hard disk problem.

- -mukund