Re: how to install Wordperfect

>Thank you Rajesh for giving me hint.  I have just managed to install Word
>perfect.
No problem. What was the exact problem. I want to know because it might
help in debugging error messages I get on my screen sometimes.

>But what I don't like is the interface, I mean the cursors, pointers and
other
>things don't looks like of standard KDE environment. Isn't there any way to
>make them same as standard KDE program looks like?

Well I have installed wordperfect but never really used it yet!

>And is it possible to use true type fonts of windows in Linux ?

Arun Sharma had explained how to do this for RHL 6.0

>adding TTF fonts is very easy on Redhat Linux 6.0.
>
>For people who have the time and energy - read:
>
>http://www.redhat.com/knowledgebase/newfontsystem/
>
>For the impatient:
>
>- Copy all your windows fonts c:\windows\fonts\*.ttf to
>  /usr/share/fonts/ttf
>
># cd /usr/share/fonts/ttf
># ttmkfdir > fonts.dir
># cp fonts.dir fonts.scale
># chkfontpath --add /usr/share/fonts/ttf
># /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs restart
>
>- Restart your netscape browser
>- Goto Edit->Preferences->Fonts
>- Under variable width fonts, you should see the newly installed
>  fonts. I chose Verdana(Microsoft) and typed 14.0 in the size field.
>- Visit CNN and Bingo, you have all the nice fonts.
>
>- I also switched loyalties to Xemacs from GNU emacs, just for fonts
>- Try this in your .Xdefaults
>Emacs.font: -microsoft-verdana-bold-r-normal--15-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1
>
>Variable width fonts mean ascii art doesn't work anymore. But on the
>other hand, you are not stuck with a particular font size anymore.
>The number "15" in the above Emacs font can be freely varied and you
>get the same font without much distortion.  True type fonts scale much
>better.
>
>Enjoy!
>
>	-Arun

If you are using RHL 5.2 or older, I think the solution is to add a line to
your XF86Config file. I haven't done that yet.

- -Rajesh J Advani
r.j.advani@xxxxxxxx
Live and let Live
... and use Linux.