Re: 8 port serial card

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, ds domal wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> We have install a mail server using Redhat 5.2 Linux OS  we have install an
> 8iock port stallion card so that people can dial-in & dial-out.

Have you already installed the card.  Usually for multiport cards you need
to recompile the kernel.  Have you done that?  The files to touch are
/etc/inittab to set the server for dialin.  for each port you need a line
entered.  Get the default line from manual pages of getty.  Alos read
setserial manual paages.

Nagarjuna