eth0 conflicts with sound card?

Hi,

    I am running RH5.2 kernel 2.0.36. I've got a NE2000 compatible which was
running fine on my machine. Now when I have added my opti931 sound card to
the system and appended the entries for this to my conf.modules , the sound
card is working fine but the NE2000 is not being recognised. The obvious
answer would be that there are i/o or irq settings conflicts... but there
are none. I've even tried setting my NE2000 to other free i/o addresses and
irq settings but none of this seems to work. Removing the sound card entries
from conf.modules makes everything fine again.. but I'd like to use both the
devices simultaneously.. How will that be possible? Also, are devices not
detected ,at bootup, in the order in which they are present in the
conf.modules? I have my eth0 entries before any others in the conf.modules.
Regards,
Sundeep.