Re: how to install Wordperfect

Hi,

>tar (child): Cannot open archive GUILG00.GZ: No such file or directory
>tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
>tar: Child returned status 2
>tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

It may be that you are not specifying the command properly

go to the directory that you want to temporarily extract the files to (say,
/tmp) and run the command
tar -xzvf /mnt/cdrom/......./GUILG00.GZ

to make sure you have the path right, try using [Tab] to complete partial
file-names. If bash completes the filename, then the file surely exists,
and you are not making a spelling mistake (like oo for 00 )

Also before installing, check out linux.corel.com for some installation
issues. The PC Quest installation instructions say you should install as
root, but corel now says that installing as root opens up some security
hole. So you should install it as a user.

However installing it as any other user gives me a 'permission denied' on
chosing the directory. Am I supposed to set permissions for the directory
before installation? I didn't persist on it. Has anyone done this?
- -Rajesh J Advani
r.j.advani@xxxxxxxx
Live and let Live
... and use Linux.