Re: Filesystems

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Farhad Tarapore wrote:

*>I have 3 partitions on my disk : a FAT32 for Windows98, a FAT16B, and an
*>EXT2 Linux partition. I can mount the windows partition and copy files to
*>Linux. But I cannot write to any of these partitions. I am however able to
*>delete files from these partitions. Please advise me how to make these
*>partitions writable by Linux.

You ca delete these files but not writeable, strange. Ok, by default only
root can write to mounted dos partation, is it root user you are talking

*>Also, I cannot view images in Linux (RedHat 6.0). While starting KDE, I get
*>an error like 'color index 255 out of range'.
*>Please help me out. Thank you.

Run Xconfigurator, and change the color depth. But what is this
appliocation, that doesn't check for the color depth but just try to
access it ?

- -Chetan S

*>
*>