Re: how to know of update in kernel

Pawan Dev wrote:

> I installed new kernel from March PCQ.
> How could I be sure, new kernel has been added?
> It shows both ones when using rpm -q kernel.

Lilo should be informed of new kernel.
Open lilo.conf in editor and add another entry for kernel similar to old
kernel with a different label like linux2 etc.
Run lilo and update.
Next time when you boot type linux2 in place of linux and new kernel is
loaded.
You can always go back to old kernel by typing linux at the boot prompt.

- -mukund