Re: rescue disk

Kunal,
Do not boot your machine thru cdrom (pcq linux). Boot it with windows and
copy three files from the pcq linux cd onto your harddisk or a floppy.
1. cdrom - /dosutils/autoboot/autoboot.bat
2. cdrom - /dosutils/autoboot/vmlinuz
3. cdrom - /dosutils/autoboot/loadlin

edit the file autoboot.bat

loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hdxy

where x is your linux root partition
e.g. /dev/hda1, /dev/hda2, /dev/hdc2 etc.

Boot your computer into dos mode. Goto the directory where you have stored
all the three files and run autoboot.bat
Sachin.