Problem with java on linux.

Hi,

I'm new to Java.  I was reading a book, and I tried an example in my
system. (Dual boot  - Linux(RH5, PCQ) and Win95).  But, I'm not able
to compile or run the program.  This is what I have done.

# javac HelloWorldApp.java
bash: javac: command not found

#locate javac
/usr/local/jdk1.1.5/bin/javac
/usr/local/jdk1.1.5/bin/javac_g
/usr/local/jdk1.1.5/bin/Linux/green_threads/javac
/usr/local/jdk1.1.5/bin/Linux/green_threads/javac_g

# /usr/local/jdk1.1.5/bin/javac HelloWorldApp.java
**Out of memory, exiting**

What is wrong here?  I have 16MB RAM, and 20MB swap partition.

TIA,
Srinath.