Re: Interesting Problem: VT420

> 1) a UNIX host runnning SCO OpemServer
> 2) a pc runnning Win95
> 3) a printer connected locally to the windows m/c.
>
> Now the clients demand is as follows.
>
> if you telnet to the UNIX host from the WIN95 M/C  & run the standard
> 'lprint' command on the host you should be able to get the printout on
> your local printer.
>
> One of my colleagues tells me that it is possible if the telnet client has
> support for VT420 terminal emulation.

Well, I am not sure whether vt420 exists ... does it??
Anyways, IMO, this isn't possible! Terminal emulation is meant only for
display related things .. nothing more.

> Q1	:Is this possible?
 A1	: IMO, no ...
> Q2	:What is special about the VT420 terminal ?
 A2	: ....
> Q3	:Is any other possible solution?
 A3	: Well, "share" the local windows printer on the network, and use
	something like samba on the UN*X machines ....

- --jaju