Re: Unable to boot of the CD

Adityan Murthy wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I just got my Chip CD yesterday.  I changed the boot sequence in the CMOS
> setup and tried booting off the CD. After the usual verfying DMI Pool, i get
> the following:
>
> BOOT FROM ATAPI CDROM:
> 1. FD 1.44 MB SYSTEM TYPE-(00)
>
> And then i get my LILO prompt.
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> Adityan

Hi Adityan,

I too once had such a prob but was able to solve it. My CD drive as hdc.
I had changed my hdc values in the primary setup BIOS screen from "user"
to "none". The BIOS stopped probing for the CD drive during boot up
saving 2 sec's. There was no prob on the OS front also, both win and
linux detected the CD drive properly.

However, this setting did not allow me to boot off from the cdrom.
Whenever i need to boot off the CD i chage it to "user" again.

Perhaps the "auto" setting will work. Check it out!

- -- Shanu
  Shanker Balan                                Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
  St. Alberts College
  Cochin  India