mounting in read-write mode

Hi,
I was trying out some scripting, and by mistake inittab file was moved from
/etc to /etc/inittab, next time i booted the system it asked me runlevel and
after that,
   switching to <that> runlevel
   no more process left in this run level
and it stops after that.
So, i booted it in single mode and switched to su but the file system is in
read only mode, how can i change it to read-write mode, so that i can move
inittab back to it's original place.
- -anshul