Re : Mounting CDROMS with noexec permission !!

Hi,
       Shanu wrote about mounting CDROM's with mode=000, and asked
what the mode business was all about.
       The mode option given with mount specifies the file mode with
which the files on that filesystem will be accessed. The file-mode is
a 4 digit (only the first 4 digits can be changed by chmod anyway)
octal number. There are 3 types of perms(read,write,execute) for 3
types of users(owner, owner group, others). A bit represents each
permission.
A permission of (read,write,execute or rwx) is represented by octal 7.
The order of these digits is (owner,owner group,others). Therefore,
(rwxrw-r--) would represent the octal number 764. The most-significant
digit represents setuid permissions for the 3 types of users.
    The permission mode=000 represents no access at all. I think
Shanu was able to access the CD because he was root! I've got to check it
out.
- -Vimal