Re: Help regarding Pine

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 11:53:53AM +0100, Sunil Sarat wrote:
- -> If I telnet from any node to my linux server and use pine, can I send an
- -> attachment from the floppy of the local machine(not server), when I tried it
- -> is showing that the default directory is /home/username. So, how do I attach
- -> a file from the floppy drive of the node?

	the telnet session makes your computer " a dumb terminal" where only
the KB,Mouse and Monitor are used. The only way you can do what you want
is ftp the file from the local machine to the server. if the node is
also a linux a machine probably you can make it mountable from the other
machine. export /mnt/floppy [or whatever] in the node and
mount node:/mnt/floppy /misc [in the server]. man exportfs, man mount
for more details

- --
With Regards,

S Ravi Shankar