Re: Problem installing RH6.0 from CHIP CD

I faced a similar problem yesterday with the PCQ CD (March '99) on a
machine with a little more than 1GB of space. I tried workstation
install but it gave a message that there was 'Not enough diskspace for
this kind of install'. This was *after* I had done the disk partition
for swap space and '/' using disk druid. I pressed the 'back' button and
went to 'custom install' and said 'everything' and this time it didnt
complain and it got installed successfully.

Does this have something to do with the number of cylinders limitation
with BIOSes ?

Probably the following information might be of some use.

Before install
- --------------
There were two hard disks and one CD-ROM
hard disk1 - Drive C (With win95 - primary partion )
hard disk2 - Drive D (Primar partion with around 2GB total) and E
(Extended partition with around 2GB total)

After using fips on D drive

hard disk1 - Drive C
hard disk2 - Drives D (primary partition with around 1GB total), F (The
new partition created by fips with around 1GB) and E (extended partition
- - 2GB)

I created a 32MB swap in this F drive using disk druid during install
followed by the / for the remaing space (more than 980MB).

May be someone can tell what the problem was with this information

Regards
Subbiah