Re: Installing RH6.0 from CHIP CD

Most probably you have 2gb extended partition and 1 gb logical drive of
2gb extended partition. Check this with fdisk. For worksattion
installation around 600 MB is enough. Hence my above doubt.

Milesh Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anybody tell me what is to be done to install RH 6.0 from the CHIP
> CD? I'd like to know about the pre-installation partition scheme
> required? I have a 4GB hard disk with a 2GB primary partition and 1GB
> extended partition. The remaining 1GB is free and is not assigned to any
> OS. Is this sufficient or should I do something else? I booted from the
> CD and the installation program reports that there's not enough disk
> space if I try a Workstation installation. Any idea as to what is
> happening and what is to be done???
>
> Thanks
> Milesh

- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx