Re: kppp not dialing

jayan sr wrote:

> >From: Rajesh Fowkar <rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >When I try to dial using KPPP through any other user except root it gives
> >me
> >error saying that
> >       cannot create modem lock file.
> >
> >what could be the problem. Where is this lock file created ?.
> >KPPP works fine if I login as root.

> 1. This happens because the ppp demon can only run as root.
> the lock file is created in /var/lock

If the user is added to the ppp dialout group by root, all these vanish
into thin air....

ragOO, VU2RGU.                         PGP Key 1024/1A747CB1
Fingerprint: 61 CD 0F 96 7A 94 4F F6 F0 42 1B 6D C0 A4 24 CF
- --
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux