kppp not dialing

Hi friends,

When I try to dial using KPPP through any other user except root it gives me
error saying that
	cannot create modem lock file.

what could be the problem. Where is this lock file created ?.
KPPP works fine if I login as root.

My another problem is if I change my resolution in XF86Config file to 1024x768
at 16 bit colour depth, the screen flickers. But the same works fine at 1024x768
at 8 bit color depth. Currently I am using 800x600 at 16 bit colour depth.
There is no mention about this at the site www.linux-india.org/SiS/. My disply
card is SiS6215. In windos I get 1024x768 resolution at 16 bit color depth.

 Waiting for your response.

Thanks a lot in advance.

 --
Rajesh