Re: Queries:-Ethernet Cards, PPP etc.

Server doesn't require much of a memory. You don't have to worry about
that.

Samba Installation:

As for Samba I did Samba installation for our the network here at my
work place. Install Samba from the RPM supplied by Redhat Linux CD. If you
have June's PCQuest everything is there in that mag. (I don't remember
where.) You can get everything from http://www.samba.org. Otherwise open
/etc/smb.conf. Go to 'local masters' and say yes.Uncomment it. Uncomment
the next 'os level' option and assign it a value 33. Next say 'domain
master = yes' and 'preffered master = yes'. Say 'dns proxy = no'. If you
have printers uncomment that section too.