Re: DNS ........

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 04:59:51PM -0700, Manoj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have RH5.2 on my linux box. I want to configured it as a mail server ( SMTP and POP3 ) for our organisation.
>
> Our real Domain server is at US which acts as our pop3 mail server as well. Right now all the clients ( Win95 / Outlook ) connect to the domain server and pulls in their mails. I want the linux box to do it and then the clients can down load their mails from the Linux.
> I have configured the DNS . When i give the Domain name same as that of the one at USA , it works....     .both outgoing as well as     incoming (qpopper 3.0) .  But when i make them (names) different the mails are not going .......

You have to Masquerade as your real domain. You set your real domain
in sendmail.cf.

# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMblr.vsnl.net.in

Regards,

- --
Venkatesh. K

Genisys			| Email    : kvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# 2, MIG, 2nd Stage	| 	   : kaevee@xxxxxxx
Basaveswaranagar	| Phone    : +91 80 348 1315
Bangalore - 79, India 	| Telefax  : +91 80 348 1443