Re: bkup

sudheer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx forced the electrons to say:

> Hi,
>
> I have to keep the back up of my files on a different system. i would like
> to automate it. how shall i proceed.
>
> Is it possible through ftp.[i created .netrc. But without being in the
> interactive mode, how can i keep giving commands]

Use ncftp in its line mode. Start ncftp, edit the preferences and
bookmarks file, and then write a shell script which  has  a  here
document, ie, something like

#!/bin/sh
cd /tmp/backup
ncftp host.com << EOF
get -R /home/you/
quit
EOF

(Info  about  the  host,  login id, passwd etc. are stored in the
bookmarks file, and info about transfer type  and  other  config-
urable ncftp's behaviour are stored in the preferences file).
Now run this script from cron.

Binand

- --
main(int c,char **v){while(!fork()){strcpy(v[0],tmpnam(0));sleep(1);}}
A program that changes its name and pid every second.
Try this program at your own risk!   ---> Binand <---