[no subject]

3.FS Corruption With Later 2.2.x?

    Subject: Massive e2fs corruption with 2.2.9/10?

    This was a long thread, in which several people reported filesystem
corruption on the later 2.2.x kernels. None of the
    major developers were able to reproduce the problems, however. At
one point, Stephen C. Tweedie said, "Well, after
    an hour or so of hammering a large 2.2.10 (build on egcs-1.1.2) SMP
box with all manner of lmdd big file
    copies/compares, 100 process and 150 process dbench stressers,
parallel kernel builds and concurrent NFS loading,
    absolutely nothing has gone wrong for me."

    Then one by one, most or all of the reports were shown to be
probably hardware related (bad ram, overclocked CPUs,
    etc), although it did seem like one or two might be actual kernel
problems.