RE: Trident AGP 9750

Mr. YLN,

Trident 9750 AGP... Yesssireee It does!!!
I installed that late last night from CHIP Special...around 1 am it
was!!
Of course, It does not detect it though...
You'll have to chosse the Driver.. "Trident 3DImage 975 AGP (Generic)"
in Xconfigurator.
and don't probe for RAM... just set it to 4 MB... and chosse the color
depth and resolution you want!!!

and People,

ABOUT THE REDHAT 6.0 on CHIP SPECIAL
I want to add one thing...
Redhat 6.0 from CHIP CD installation was as smooth as any PCQ CD expect
for those few tweaks and extras from PCQ Quest.

However, a word of caution:
(a) I haven't installed Star Office or any of the heavy weight
application from CD 2 yet, so you can call my opinion a bit premature.
(b) I have been using Linux since April 1996 and been through
Slackware/Redhat installations before, so I can't voice my opinion as a
newbie.
(c) I was lucky enough to get a non-faulty CDs.

Overall a very good effort!!! Well done CHIP!!!

Shashank Banerjee
Software Consultant, Communications Division
DCM Data Systems
Vikrant Towers, 4, Rajendra Place, NEW DELHI - 110 008, INDIA
Ph: +91-11-5719967-76/E-mail: shashankb@xxxxxxxxxxx