Re: sound problem

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 08:05:29PM +0530, munir keshwani wrote:
- -> Well what are the commands and how do  I try it
- -> Whenever  I boot linux it goes directly to the gui
- -> And I get login and password in windows and it directly enters gnome
- -> Where do I type it command and how

	in gnome there will be an icon similar to the monitor.click on that
and you will get a terminal window  which is similar to the normal $
prompt of the conventional unix. give the command "su -" to become the
root at $ prompt [after this you are likely to see '#' prompt]. at this
stage you can give the list of commands to compile the kernel that i
gave in the previous mail.
	alternately press <ctrl><alt><F1> to get the text window where you
can login as root and proceed [<ctrl><alt><F7> will take you back to
gnome]

- --
With Regards,

S Ravi Shankar